Here is a short overview of what we implemented on GG.deals today.
The changes affected the following views: Deals, Games, News, Alerts, Wishlist, Collection.
- New layout of presets. Presets look now more like buttons and are are positioned in a more visible place. You can also access your user presets with less clicks.
- New layout of filters. Filters are now divided in two lines with a spoiler more/less. While we're aware that some may view it as incovienience, it will actually give us more opportunities to add even more filters in the future . The space constrained old layout limited us in this regard.
- Simplified sorting. We got rid of some useless sorting options to make the more popular options easier and more convienint to use
- Changes to dynamic page titles. We will no longer attempt to describe your filter configuration in page titles. We figured that artificial titles such as "Least discounted 2Game EU historical low deals for Steam keys from the last 7 days" are of no help. Instead, we will create a title that goes like "Deals - 4 filters selected"
- New Wishlist/Alerts/Collection managment. If you select games using chckboxes, you will be able to manage selected titles in a sticky bar on the bottom of the page
- a new, condensed layout of pagination
- A badge near title informing how many games there are in your Wishlist, Collection and how many Alerts you created.
We also fixed a couple of bugs here and there. Notably, a bug that made it difficult to navigate between news categories on the homepage.